Madelaine Petsch was born on August 18, 1994, in Port Orchard, Washington. Her role in “Riverdale” made her a well-known American actor. Her parents are from South Africa and would visit family and friends there every year. As a result, Petsch spent most of her youth and adolescence traveling between the two countries. She’s had a natural flair for the arts since she was a child. By 10, she had been trained in both acting and dance.
Madelaine Petsch began auditioning in her senior year of high school, but her lack of success kept her from the media. In 2015, she had a small role in “The Hive,” a T.V. movie. Then came “Instant Mom” and “The Curse of Sleeping Beauty.” In the T.V. series “Riverdale,” she played Cheryl Blossom, a pampered affluent girl. Her remarkable performance earned her some awards and worldwide acclaim.
Table of Contents
Madelaine Petsch was born on August 18, 1994, in Port Orchard, Washington. Her parents, Timothy S Petsch and Michele Pestch, were from South Africa and later moved to the US. However, her parents did not settle in the US until later and continued to hop between South Africa and the US.
Madelaine Petsch was interested in performing arts, especially in acting and dance, since childhood. Her mother got her enrolled at a dance school when she was 3 years of age. Within a year, she joined theater classes, too.
Being a redhead, she was bullied in school. She and her brother often fought the bullies by throwing stones at them. However, the bullying led her to become a teenager with severely low self-esteem. Her South African accent also caused her quite a lot of trouble with the bullies.
|Full Name||Madelaine Grobbelaar Petsch|
|Famous Name||Madelaine Petsch|
|Date of Birth||18 August 1994|
|School||Local Port Orchard School, Washington, United States|
|Profession||Actress and YouTuber|
Madelaine Petsch was born in the small city of Port Orchard, Washington, U.S.A. Her parents are from South Africa. Therefore, she spent her first 10 years living in two countries. Her parents were always eco-friendly and taught Petsch how to separate garbage and decrease waste. Petsch began dancing at three, then moved to a theater school at five, and finally an art school. After high school, she traveled to Los Angeles and began performing. She was a part-time barista to support herself in the city.
Madelaine Petsch appeared in a nationwide commercial campaign for Coca-Cola in 2014. A happy Petsch photo was used on billboards, subways, and airplane liveries. The next year she had minor appearances in David Yarovesky’s “The Hive ” and “Instant Mom.” Also, she was featured in Pearry Reginald Teo’s fantasy-horror film “The Curse of Sleeping Beauty.” Petsch was cast as Cheryl Blossom in the adolescent drama “Riverdale,” based on the Archie comics as a wealthy, glamorous girl who had recently lost her twin brother in a tragedy. The series began filming in September 2016. In January 2017, “Riverdale” debuted.
Also Read – Carrie-anne Moss
|Net Worth||5 Million US Doller|
5 Feet 6 Inches
Hobbies & Favorite Thinks
|Favorite Movies||American Beauty|
|Favorite Book||Harry Potter|
|Favorite TV show||Game of Thrones|
|Favorite Music Band||Linkin Park|
Tea (Earl Grey)
|Favorite Restaurant||Veggie Grill|
|Favorite Channel||The Food Network (She watches lot of cooking shows)|
|Favorite Snack||Carrot Sticks|
|Guilty pleasure||Ice Cream (Cookie flavor)|
|Favorite Lipstick||Urban Decay (baby mauve)|
- Love for acting: Madelaine Petsch love for acting began very early, she wanted to be a star since the age of 3.
- She is trained in classical dancing (Tap dancing) and theater.
- She has previously lived in South Africa. Her parents are from South Africa.
- She worked in a coffee bar for a while to support her career as actress. She has also worked at a design and decor company.
- She is a Vegan: Madelaine Petsch became a vegan at the age of 14 and has given up on meat ever since. She was raised Vegetarian by her parents.
- PETA: She has participated in the awareness campaigns by PETA to raise awareness about animals & rescue.
- She has been covered by Flaunt Magazine, they published her in 2017
- She is into Yoga, she has attended classes previously.
- She loves pets, has a cat named Totoro(since she was 8 years old), has a poodle dog named peter.
- Playboy’s 25 Hottest Redheads of 2017: Playboy magazine listed her as one of the top 25 redheads of Instagram
- Commercials: She has appeared on Ads for- Coca Cola(2014).
- Teen Choice Award: She won the award in 2017 for her role in Riverdale
- Religion: She was raised Agnostic by her parents.
- Tea: She drinks lot of tea, Earl Grey Green tea is her favorite.
- Weird Job according to her: She previously worked as a executive consultant at a political firm, which she considers a weird job for her.